News archive

MME Open call 1 is now closed

MME Open call 1 is now closed

On July 17, 2020, the call for proposals from start-ups/scaleups for inclusion in the first 6-month accelerator program of the Media Motor Europe Project, which is implemented with the participation of the Sofia City of Knowledge Cluster, was closed. As already announced, this project is implemented within Startup Europe, an initiative of the European Commission.

What are the results at this stage?

A total of 145 start-ups/scaleups from over 30 countries responded to the Open call and started filling in their applications.


Of these, 86 companies were able to finalize and submit their application forms. The general impression is that the candidates wishing to join the program are from many different sectors, but in general 60% of the candidates are directly related and offer technological solutions for the media industry, and the remaining 40% are representatives of sectors related to the creative business.

What's next?

On August 21, the companies that received the highest score and were ranked for participation in the program will receive an official announcement. From August 24, every ranked start-up should expect to be contacted by a representative of one of the four Innovation Hubs in Bulgaria, Greece, Belgium, and Norway, formed as a result of the Media Motor Europe Project.

At the beginning of September, the implementation of the mentoring program and the provision of a package of services will start, which each start-up or scaleup will receive for six months.

What's more?

Two more Open calls for applicants to participate in two new accelerator programs of Media Motor Europe are to be opened. The expected deadlines for them are in September 2020 and March 2021, respectively.

For more information, visit the Media Motor Europe project site, or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.


This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 871552.

Blog publications

© 2022 SOFIA - Knowledge City - cluster.